Physical therapy services
Whether you’ve been injured playing sports, have undergone surgery, are recovering from a non-sports injury or have another medical or neurological condition, you may benefit from our experienced therapists.
Our Physical Therapy team will work with you to develop a personalized outpatient rehabilitation treatment plan that will be continually updated to meet your goals. We can help reduce your pain, increase your mobility, teach you how to avoid future injuries, and get you back to living your best life quickly and effectively.
Care is provided in a network of physical therapy clinics throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
To schedule an appointment at any of our locations please call 612-262-7900.
Minnesota allows direct access to patient care. Please check with your insurance provider to find out if a physician referral is needed.
We offer virtual visits for this service, allowing you to see a provider from your home using a secure video connection. If this is your first appointment with a provider in this service or specialty, call 612-262-7900; if you’re a returning patient, call your Courage Kenny therapy department.
What it is
Physical therapy uses exercise, manual therapy and other techniques to help you heal and maximize your function and quality of life.
Our outpatient rehabilitation teams include physical therapists who help improve motor skills, joint movement, muscle development and strength, mobility and balance. We offer:
orthopedic rehabilitation following muscle, joint or spine injuries, strains and sprains or surgery
neurological rehabilitation that includes specialized equipment and technology to maximize functional independence
sports rehabilitation to ensure an athlete returns to sports safely after an injury or surgery
You also gain access to a wide array of specialty services, including:
- ACL injury prevention
- AlterG ®Anti-Gravity Treadmill – allows people to exercise without pain, even while recovering from surgery or injury
- Aquatic pool therapy
- Cancer rehabilitation for cancer survivors
- Concussion management
- CycleSMART for beginner to advanced cycling enthusiasts to help you ride more efficiently and comfortably
- GolfSMART for golfers who are experiencing pain or fatigue while golfing, or who want to improve their game
- Hand rehabilitation following muscle or joint injury or surgery to the hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Parkinson’s disease therapy, including Lee Silverman LSVT ® Big therapy
- RunSMART for novice to experienced runners to address nagging soreness, acute injuries or chronic pain, and to get you get back to training and an active running lifestyle
- Pelvic rehabilitation therapy services to address pelvic pain and incontinence for women, men and children
- Spine therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation to overcome balance issues, dizziness and recovery from concussion
- Walking & mobility technologies
- Workplace wellness and rehabilitation
- Wheelchair positioning clinic
Good to know
- Our therapists work with adults, teens and kids.
- A doctor’s referral may be needed to make your first appointment. Minnesota and Wisconsin allow direct access to receive physical therapy services, but your insurance may require a physician referral for payment of therapy services. Please check with your insurance or contact our scheduling office for assistance.
- We work closely with referring physicians to provide timely and effective communications every step of the way.
- Before your first visit, please complete the Patient Intake Questionnaire. You’ll find a link to the form below.
Good for treating
Therapy after illness or injury is often key to a successful recovery. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- balance, dizziness and vertigo
- brain injury
- cancer-related pain, weakness and swelling
- chronic pain including complex regional pain syndrome
- falls prevention
- incontinence and pelvic pain (adults and children)
- jaw (temporomandibular) pain
- lymphedema and edema
- movement disorders
- multiple sclerosis
- neck and back conditions
- orthopedic conditions, including those affecting the hand
- post COVID-19 conditions
- spinal cord injury
- sports injuries
What to expect
Our sports and physical therapy team will work with you to develop a personalized outpatient rehabilitation treatment plan that will be continually updated to meet your goals. Our highly skilled team members include therapists with advanced degrees and specialist certifications covering many areas of care.
Source: Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
Reviewed by: Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
First published: 10/1/2018
Last reviewed: 8/1/2018