It’s common for beginner or experienced runners to develop nagging soreness, acute injuries and chronic pain, but you shouldn’t ignore it. Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's RunSMART can help.
RunSMART is physical therapy specially designed for runners. It can help treat an injury, possibly prevent future injury, and get you back to training and your active running lifestyle.
What is RunSMART?
RunSMART (Skilled Movement and Rehabilitation Therapy) at Courage Kenny Sports & Physical Therapy is goal-directed physical therapy designed for runners.
You will meet with an experienced physical therapist trained in evaluation and treatment of runners.
- Achilles tendonitis
- back and neck pain
- foot and heel pain
- hip pain
- iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome
- knee pain
- shin splints
More about the RunSMART program
Video analysis, see fees below, is also available through the RunSMART program.
Running requires a lot from the body and that high demand can commonly result in injury because of faulty habits, postural changes and movement strategies for compensation contribute to fatigue, pain and injury.
RunSMART’s digital video analysis captures these patterns and assists with assessment, education and treatment. Digital video analysis benefits include:
- real-time frame capture of your running mechanics and form
- measurement of running phases and range-of-motion specific to the demands of running
- immediate visual feedback to assist with education, training and recovery
- quick assessment of gait mechanics and deviations in movement specific to functional tasks
- use with AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- comparison of progress and change over time.
RunSMART video analysis includes two appointments.
Video analysis is NOT offered at every site. That should be noted on this page
- Initial appointment cost: $200
- Subsequent appointment: $45
Referral and insurance: Therapy services are typically billed to your insurance. Please contact your insurance company regarding your therapy benefit and obtain a medical referral if required by your insurance plan.
Retail services for education, fitness and performance are also offered, which are not billable to your insurance. Payment for these services is collected in full at the time of the visit.
Source: Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
Reviewed by: Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
First published: 10/1/2018
Last reviewed: 8/1/2018