Speech Therapy Services
Speech therapy can help children and adults restore speech, language and thinking skills, as well as swallowing function lost due to illness, injury or development delays.
For adults, the impact of autism, stroke, Parkinson's disease, head and neck cancer, brain injury or other health issues may be improved through speech therapy.
For children, speech therapy is often helpful for treating stuttering or other communication difficulties.
What it is
Speech therapy may help children and adult gain or regain their speech, language and thinking skills. Therapists will work with you on speech exercises and teach you exercises you can practice at home in between appointments.
Good for treating
- Autism spectrum disorder
- brain injury
- cerebral palsy
- childhood speech/language delay
- feeding disorder or difficulty
- cognitive linguistic deficits
- cognitive loss (attention, memory, reasoning, thought processing, planning, organizing)
- difficulty expressing oneself or understanding (aphasia)
- impaired speech (dysarthria or apraxia)
- Parkinson’s disease
- paradoxical vocal fold motion
- spinal cord injury
- swallowing disorders/difficulty (dysphagia)
- vocal cord dysfunction
- voice disorders.
Good to know
If you have Parkinson’s disease, you may be interested in Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT®) Big and Loud Therapy, which empowers people living with Parkinson's disease to speak loud and move big. A doctor’s referral is needed.
Good to know
Our specialists are trained in working with kids to make learning and speech therapy fun and a positive experience. Your child’s therapy takes place in a safe and friendly environment that is suited for children of all abilities.