Courage Kenny Kids Coon Rapids
Mercy Health Care Center, Suite 123
Coon Rapids, MN 55433-2569
- Mon—Fri 7 a.m.—5:30 p.m.
- Sat—Sun Closed
Services at this location are provided by Mercy Hospital.
About this location
Sometimes your kids might need a little extra help to move, think, learn and even play. Therapists in our specialized pediatric rehabilitation programs use play to engage kids from infants to eighteen years old.
Your team includes occupational and physical therapists, and speech-language pathologists. The full team has extensive training to care for children. Services are offered in a kid- and parent-friendly environment.
This location offers big indoor fun spaced for children participating in physical, occupational and speech therapy. Our facility includes:
- Indoor gym with room for swings, zip line and a suspended climbing ladder to provide opportunities to work on mobility, strength and endurance, balance, coordination and flexibility.
- Learning lab (coming soon), a built-in play space with special equipment such as virtual reality, Interactive Metronome™ and bus height practice steps, all of which helps to expand imagination, direction-following and motor coordination.
- Therapy kitchen to work on feeding, swallowing and simple home skills in a natural therapy kitchen setting.
- Sensory space allows for a safe space with multiple options for movement and sensory experiences as all children learn through their senses
- Private evaluation and treatment rooms
- Family-friendly lobby, a large waiting area providing comfort, safety and security for patients and caregivers. We also have an accessible reception area with improved patient privacy.
- In therapy children have the opportunity to engage in play activities with other children at the craft table, or work with their therapist in private treatment booths. Children can dress up, play games, make crafts and play with developmentally appropriate toys targeted to their individual needs.