Integrative medicine and holistic care for children
As a national leader in holistic medicine – often called alternative or integrative medicine – the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing has been helping adolescents and adults improve their well-being by focusing on the whole being, mind, body and spirit since 2003.
Now, that same integrative, holistic care will be offered to children, ages 0 to 12-years-old. Our integrative medicine for children looks at the whole child to uncover issues that can lead to chronic illness and imbalance.
Combining a 3000-year-old model of medicine with the latest research, Penny George Institute for Health and Healing providers help identify the underlying cause of your child’s condition.
What it is
Our integrative medicine for children uses gentle, safe, and effective holistic treatment options to help restore a child's health and prevent future illness. A child's treatment may include the following.
- acu-point therapy (lasers, warming methods, tens)
- Chinese pediatric massage (Pediatric Tuina)
- dietary therapy
- herbal medicine
- Japanese acupuncture (Shoni Shin)
- lifestyle changes
What to expect
There will be an initial 30-minute visit to discuss your child’s health history and current concerns, as well as recommended treatment options. This visit will also include an initial treatment that is agreed upon and comfortable for both you and your child.
Your Penny George Institute for Health and Healing provider will help you navigate the road to wellness and give you tools to use at home that will help keep your whole family healthy.
Good for treating
While pediatric integrative medicine can help with several conditions, we most often help treat the following conditions.
- acute conditions – fever, colds, ear infections, diarrhea, stomach flu
- allergies/sensitivities – food and/or environmental
- chronic conditions – eczema, asthma, recurring ear infections, chronic tonsillitis and adenoiditis
- digestive disorders – colic, constipation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, IBS
- mental/emotional imbalances - stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD
- musculoskeletal – chronic pain, tension headaches, torticollis
- neurological – migraine headaches, post-concussive syndrome
Good to know
- Initial Visit (30 min): $80
- Long Follow-up Visit (30 min): $80
- Short Follow-Up Visit (15 min): $40
- Children who are 13 years and older are subject to current Penny George Institute for Health and Healing acupuncture schedule and pricing.
The length of follow-up treatments is determined by the provider in consultation with parents.
Check with your insurance first.
Many insurance plans now have acupuncture benefits for certain health issues. It’s important to contact your insurer to confirm it is covered.
Reviewed by: Naomi Richman, L.Ac.