Integrative medicine and holistic care for children
Since 2003 Allina Health Penny George Institute for Health and Healing (PGIHH) has been helping adolescents and adults unlock their healing potential with time-tested holistic medical practices. The same care is now available for your children (ages 0 to 12) when you are looking for natural solutions for your child's illnesses or chronic conditions.
At PGIHH we understand that children are more than just a sum of their parts. We look at the whole child to uncover issues that can lead to chronic illness and imbalance.
What it is
Our integrative medicine for children uses gentle, safe, and effective holistic treatment options to help restore a child's health and prevent future illness. A child's treatment may include the following:
- acupoint therapy (lasers, warming methods, tens)
- Chinese pediatric massage (pediatric tuina)
- dietary therapy
- herbal medicine
- Japanese acupuncture (Shonishin)
- lifestyle changes.
What to expect
During the initial 30-minute visit we will discuss your child’s health history and current concerns, as well as recommended treatment options. This visit will also include an initial treatment that is agreed upon and comfortable for both you and your child. Your Penny George Institute for Health and Healing (PGIHH) pediatric provider will help you navigate the road to wellness and give you tools to use at home that will help keep your whole family healthy.
Good for treating
Pediatric integrative medicine can help with many childhood conditions, including:
- acute conditions – fever, colds, ear infections, diarrhea, stomach flu
- allergies/sensitivities – food and/or environmental
- chronic conditions – eczema, asthma, recurring ear infections, chronic tonsillitis and adenoiditis
- digestive disorders – colic, constipation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, IBS
- mental/emotional imbalances - stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD
- musculoskeletal – chronic pain, tension headaches, torticollis
- neurological – migraine headaches, post-concussive syndrome.
Good to know
Prompt Pay Discounted Rates*:
- initial visit (30 min): $80
- long follow-up visit (30 min): $80
- short follow-up visit (15 min): $40
The length of follow-up treatments is determined by the provider in consultation with parents.
* While many insurance plans have acupuncture benefits, most DO NOT cover pediatric diagnoses. The Prompt Pay Rate is our discounted cash price for children 0 – 12. Children 13 years and older are subject to current PGIHH acupuncture schedule and pricing.
Reviewed by: Naomi Richman, L.Ac.