Michael Egan, MaOM, Dipl OM
- Sports Medicine
- Tai chi
- Integrative oncology
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Oncology acupuncture
- chinese herbal medicine
- Integrative, complementary medicine
Michael Egan is a licensed acupuncturist in Minnesota and nationally certified in acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). He graduated summa cum laude with a master’s degree in Oriental Medicine from the Minnesota College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at Northwestern Health Sciences University. After graduation, he completed a Certificate of Study at Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China.
He uses acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine to help people with a wide variety of health concerns such as chronic pain, migraine headaches, sports injuries, menopause, post-stroke recovery, insomnia, cancer support and chronic stress.
Egan is a former adjunct faculty member at the College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at Northwestern Health Sciences University. He is a current board member on the Minnesota Acupuncture Association.
He has also done advanced training in acupuncture orthopedics, sports medicine acupuncture and integrative oncology.
Michael is a co-creator and facilitator for the Penny George Transforming Pain shared medical visit series. A mind-body approach for treating chronic pain.
Michael also teaches tai chi qi gong for Allina Health
Egan is passionate about educating and empowering his patients to become active participants in their own health and healing.
- Dipl OM
- Qi gong
- Tai chi
- Northwestern Health Sciences University
- Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin China
- American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Minnesota College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Minnesota Acupuncture Association
- Society for Acupuncture Research
Current licenses and certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Diplomate Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Master of Oriental Medicine
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)