Penny George® Institute for Health and Healing
As a national leader in holistic medicine – often called complementary or integrative medicine – we help you improve your well-being by focusing on your whole being, mind, body and spirit.
Patients can schedule a virtual visit for the following services: Functional Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Integrative Nutrition, Integrative psychology and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Existing patients: Schedule a virtual visit online
New patients: Call 612-863-3333
Care at Penny George ® Institute for Health and Healing
At the Penny George ® Institute for Health and Healing, you will find a consistent philosophy regardless of whether you visit an integrative medicine doctor, have an acupuncture treatment, consult with our functional medicine providers, visit with a nutritionist or health coach, or take a wellness class.
Whether you are healthy or sick, we meet you where you are through:
- online or in-person classes on topics ranging from resilience to weight management
- insurance-based and retail services delivered in clinics and fitness centers
- bedside services at some Allina Health hospitals
- community and employer wellness programs
- training for health professionals and leaders
What we do
At Institute, we work with you to help you access your body's innate healing abilities and provide you the education and coaching you’ll need to become the best YOU.
What does this all mean for you?
- When you are healthy, providers can help find ways to strengthen your immunity, improve your sleep and digestion, help you reach your ideal weight or move toward any health and fitness goal you have.
- If you become ill or just feel unwell, we will be here to support you with natural treatment options that work with your body to optimize your healing potential.
- If you are looking for solutions for a specific problem, we work with you to identify the best treatment options within our family of providers.
- Our dedicated providers offer treatments, such as massage, aromatherapy, reflexology, acupuncture and guided imagery, when you receive hospital care at:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- The Mother Baby Centers, a partnership between Allina Health and Children's Hospitals of Minnesota
- We offer integrative services at more than 20 locations state-wide as well as acupuncture at:
- Allina Health Cancer Institute at United Hospital in St. Paul
- Allina Health Cancer Institute at the Mercy Campus in Coon Rapids
- Allina Health Cancer Institute at Abbott Northwestern Piper Breast Center in Minneapolis
Not all services or providers at the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing may be covered by your insurance plan. Verify your benefits and network limitations prior to your appointment.
Our history and name
Created in 2003, we have become the largest embedded integrative health care provider in the country. Originally founded by the George Family and the Ted and Roberta Mann Foundations as the Institute for Health and Healing, we changed our name to the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing in 2008 to honor integrative health philanthropist Penny George.
Penny George is an international leader and advocate of integrative medicine. Her passion stems from her own recovery from breast cancer, which utilized integrative medicine as a foundation for her recovery and led her to see the need for a more holistic approach in Western medicine. She believes integrative care has the potential to fundamentally change the face of today’s health care system. This institute is a philosophical and clinical manifestation of that promise.
What Guides Our Work?
Acupuncture offered across our region
Whether you are healthy or sick, our acupuncturists can help with digestive issues, insomnia, anxiety, menopause, infertility, cancer symptoms and more. No matter where you live or work, we have an acupuncturist in the area. You can find us at Allina Health clinics and hospitals, Piper Breast Center and the Allina Health Cancer Institute.