We support your well-being by focusing on your whole being
At the Penny George ® Institute for Health and Healing, you will find a consistent philosophy regardless of whether you visit an integrative medicine doctor, have an acupuncture treatment, consult with our functional medicine providers, visit with a nutritionist or health coach, or take a wellness class.
We work with you to help you access your body's innate healing abilities and provide you the education and coaching you’ll need to become the best YOU.
What does this all mean for you?
- When you are healthy, our providers can help find ways to strengthen your immunity, improve your sleep and digestion, help you reach your ideal weight, or move toward any health and fitness goal you have.
- If you become ill or just feel unwell, we will be here to support you with natural treatment options that work with your body to optimize your healing potential.
- If you are looking for solutions for a specific problem, such as chronic pain, allergies, digestive difficulties or fertility issues, we work with you to identify the best treatment options within the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing family of providers.
- Our dedicated providers offer treatments, such as massage, aromatherapy, reflexology, acupuncture and guided imagery, when you receive hospital care at:
- We offer integrative services in more than 20 locations state-wide as well as acupuncture at:
Our history and name
Created in 2003, we have become the largest embedded integrative health care provider in the country. Originally founded by the George Family and the Ted and Roberta Mann Foundations as the Institute for Health and Healing, we changed our name to the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing in 2008 to honor integrative health philanthropist Penny George.
Penny George is an international leader and advocate of integrative medicine. Her passion stems from her own recovery from breast cancer, which utilized integrative medicine as a foundation for her recovery, and led her to see the need for a more holistic approach in Western medicine. She believes that integrative care has the potential to fundamentally change the face of today’s health care system. This institute is a philosophical and clinical manifestation of that promise.