Alina Aloma, PhD, LP
- Anxiety and stress
- Brief therapy (5-10 sessions)
- Chronic illness adjustment and management
- LGBTQ health
- Primary care behavioral health consultation
- Racial/ethnic minority health and multicultural issues
- Virtual visits
I am a licensed psychologist with professional interests in primary care behavioral health consultation, racial/ethnic minority health and multicultural issues, LGBTQ health, chronic illness adjustment and management, anxiety and stress, depression, insomnia and other sleep problems. I also speak Spanish. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Ponce, Puerto Rico
Practice philosophy: I enjoy working closely with primary care providers to deliver outstanding patient care. During brief therapy, I join forces with patients to better understand how their thoughts, feelings and behaviors are connected and influenced by their environment. I take into consideration every background identity (gender, race/ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, generation, socioeconomic status, spiritual beliefs, abilities, etc.) to personalize treatment for each patient. I empower patients to utilize their strengths to make desired changes. I also provide patients with additional skills to lower their symptoms and improve their health.
Best part of my work: Seeing patients regain confidence in themselves and begin to fully engage in their lives.
Why I became a provider: Being a psychologist allows me to be there for individuals and support them during their most stressful times. I deeply value helping patients to navigate difficulties and eliminate barriers to their well being.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
- Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers
- National Latina/o Psychological Association
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)