Adult day treatment program
When you need mental health services, our adult day treatment program is here to help you manage mental health concerns and learn to cope with obstacles experienced in daily life.
What is the adult day treatment program?
The Adult Day Treatment Program assists clients in learning to cope with obstacles they are experiencing in daily life. Our goal is to help you achieve your optimum level of functioning by providing exceptional care, structure and support to stabilize and improve mental health.
We provide assessment and treatment through a team approach that involves:
- group therapy
- psycho-educational classes
- experiential group
- goal planning
- social skills therapy
- family meetings
- referral services
- discharge planning
What to expect from the program
- Our program team includes a nurse, therapist and program specialist who specializes in mental health.
- You will be involved in your treatment and discharge planning.
- The frequency and length of treatment is based on your unique needs.
- Most participants attend our program two to three times per week for an average of three months.
Our objectives are to:
- identify your primary behavioral, emotional and social needs
- determine specific goals
- repair self-esteem
- practice decision-making skills
- provide opportunity to develop and practice social skills
- coordinate treatment plans with other community resources
- provide structure and support to stabilize and improve healthy functioning through education and group psychotherapy
Adult day treatment program is good for treating
- mood disorders
- anxiety disorders
- relationship issues
- stress related disorders
- family issues
- co-occurring addiction issues
More information on the program
Participants are referred by psychiatrists, family practitioners, therapists, county agencies, clergy, other hospitals, family members or by self-referral.
Most health insurance plans provide reimbursement for outpatient mental health treatment. Our staff can help you check your coverage before starting the program.
Program hours vary by location and length of treatment is based on individual needs.
Other mental health programs for adults
Source: Allina Health Mental Health
Reviewed by: Allina Health Mental Health
First published: 10/31/2019
Last reviewed: 10/31/2019