Partial hospitalization program, adult
When you need intensive care for a mental health condition, our outpatient adult partial hospitalization program is here to help.
Our two- to four-week program is directed by a psychiatrist in a group therapy setting. It can help prevent and reduce hospitalization and support you or a loved one to remain in your home environment.
What is the partial hospital program?
As a participant in the partial hospital program you will work with a psychiatrist who will:
- assess the need for mediations
- determine psychological testing needs for further evaluation
- evaluate your current medications.
Our mental health treatment program offers a group therapy environment to help you:
- address issues related to LGBT identity or intercultural adjustments related to race, ethnicity, class and immigration status
- develop interpersonal effectiveness
- develop or improve coping skills
- experience success
- gain access to movement therapy, music therapy, and mindfulness training
- improve conflict resolution skills
- improve family communication skills
- increase emotion regulation
- increase self-awareness
- learn to manage school, work or family pressures
- manage the emotional effects of complex health conditions.
The program is good for treating
- anxiety disorders
- family issues
- mood disorders
- relational issues
- stress related disorders
What to expect from your visit
- Daily schedule is structured as a combination of mental health group psychotherapy, activity groups and education groups.
- Family therapy sessions are available upon request.
- Five hours of therapeutic programming, five days per week.
- Program hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.; hours may vary slightly by location.
- Short-term, intensive mental health treatment for adults as an alternative to inpatient hospitalization.
Your psychiatrist will meet with you periodically through the course of the program.
More information about the partial hospital program
Most health insurance plans cover mental health treatment through a partial hospital program. We can help you check your coverage before starting.
How to participate
An intake with a mental health professional is required for admission. Intakes are done Monday through Friday by appointment. You may be referred to our program from many health care settings.
Other mental health programs for adults