Mental health specialty services for substance use disorders
If you have concerns about both a mental health and addiction condition, you aren’t alone. About one third of people with a mental health condition also experience a substance use disorder.
That’s why we offer Mental Health Specialty Services for Substance Use Disorders.
This outpatient program for adults allows you to get care for both conditions at one place with one provider, rather than going to multiple locations to treat these concerns separately. We treat you as a whole person using techniques that are effective for multiple concerns.
Our program provides support through:
- a mental health and addiction assessment
- an individualized treatment plan to best meet your unique needs
- ongoing individual sessions with a provider who is both a licensed independent clinical social worker and licensed alcohol and drug counselor
- group therapy sessions (usually twice a week, for about an hour and a half each time)
Expected outcomes of the program:
- continued recovery
- education on the relationship between mental health and substance use
- new skills to reduce anxiety and depression
- improved resilience to manage day-to-day experiences
What to expect from the program
- This program often lasts 12 to 15 weeks.
- This is not an intensive outpatient program (IOP), meaning it does not provide more than nine hours of treatment a week. But you could attend an IOP and this program as scheduling allows.
- As a first step, you will have an assessment with a mental health and addiction professional to determine whether group programming would benefit you.
- Insurance coverage for the program may vary. Ask your insurance provider about coverage for group and individual therapy for a mental health treatment program.
- Regular attendance of both group and individual therapy is required of participants.
Call 1-866-603-0016 to request an appointment with the Mental Health Specialty Services for Substance Use Disorders.
Both morning and afternoon group therapy sessions are available. Individual therapy sessions available mornings, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Source: Allina Health Mental Health
Reviewed by: Allina Health Mental Health
First published: 11/18/2019
Last reviewed: 11/15/2019