Partial hospitalization program, teens
When you need intensive treatment for a mental health condition, our outpatient adolescent partial hospitalization program can help.
Our two- to four-week outpatient mental health treatment program is directed by a psychiatrist in a group therapy setting. It can help prevent and reduce mental health hospitalization and support your teen so they can remain at home.
What it is
Your teen will work with a psychiatrist who will:
- assess the need for medications during the program
- collaborate with current outpatient providers
- determine psychological testing needs and further evaluation
- evaluate your teen’s current medications
- make additional recommendations for therapy
Our program offers group therapy to help your teen:
- develop interpersonal effectiveness
- experience success
- improve conflict resolution skills
- improve coping skills
- improve family communication skills
- increase emotion regulation
- increase self-awareness.
Your family will participate in individual family sessions and a weekly multi-family therapy group addressing topics such as:
- building trust in the family relationship
- dealing with social media
- engaging in healthy communications.
Good for treating
- attention disorders
- mood disorders
- self-injurious behavior
- suicidal thoughts or suicidal behavior
- thought disorders
What to expect
Admission and referrals
An intake meeting with a mental health professional is required. Intakes are done Monday through Friday by appointment. Call 1-866-603-0016.
Patients who have participated in any Allina Health mental health inpatient program may be referred to this program by their physicians.
Good to know
Other mental health programs for adolescents
- Adolescent after-school mental health program
- Adolescent acute stabilization program
- Mental health specialty services for substance use disorders for adolescents
- Mental health hospitalization (adolescent)
Source: Allina Health Mental Health & Addiction Services