Rehabilitation Psychology Services
When a medical condition or injury alters your brain or body, it’s common for your mental and emotional well-being to be affected.
We offer a wide range of services to assess and treat cognitive, emotional and behavioral difficulties related to your injury or condition. We can help you as an individual, couple or family.
What it is
Our psychologists specialize in health psychology and offer:
- personality and emotional assessments to determine your coping methods, emotional state and personality style
- pychotherapy to help resolve negative experiences, adopt healthy behaviors, and cope and communicate better
- neuropsychological consultations to diagnose mental health conditions and help with life planning and treatment.
- neuropsychological assessments on thinking abilities, mood, personality and disability to make a diagnosis and create a rehabilitation plan
Good to know
A referral from your physician is required.
Good for treating
For conditions affecting psychological stability or well-being:
- brain injury
- spinal cord injury
- brain tumor
- neurodegenerative diseases
- chronic pain
- limb loss
- other conditions that can affect brain functioning
First published: 10/2/2018