Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program
Does chronic pain interfere with your ability to work and enjoy life? Do you want to learn how to self-manage your pain and regain maximum function without the use of opioid pain medications? The chronic pain rehabilitation residential program and our team of specialists can help.
What it is
The Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program is a three-week residential program that may be right for you if your pain significantly interferes with your ability to function. Your care team will include specialists in psychology, physical and occupational therapy, chemical dependency, exercise physiology, therapeutic recreation, vocational services and nutrition services. With their help you can get back to your best functioning self.
The goals of the program are:
- reducing your chronic pain through engaging in health behavior changes over time
- increasing your ability to cope with chronic pain
- tapering the use of narcotic pain medications
- returning to work in some capacity
One year after discharge, 76 percent of patients in our Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program reduced their number of hospitalizations.
What to expect
When you participate in the program you should expect to:
- learn to self-manage pain while maintaining a daily schedule simulating the workplace
- develop and work toward your personalized goals
- participate in self-management classes and therapies, including aquatic and land exercises
- receive medical management and taper use of opioid pain medications
- feel supported through every step of your journey by a team that specializes in pain management
Good to know
You may benefit from this program if you have:
- experienced pain for at least six months
- exhausted reasonable medical and surgical treatments options for pain
- have chronic pain that interferes with daily life
- are motivated to manage pain more independently and minimize or discontinue use of opioid pain medications
First published: 10/2/2018