Kristin Paul-Gatyas, CNM, MSN
- Pregnancy care
- Postpartum care
- Physiologic birth
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (vbac)
- Water birth
- Breastfeeding support
- Contraceptive care
- Women's Health
- Minnesota midwife
Hometown: Plymouth, Wisconsin
I am passionate about providing women with health care which focuses on listening to concerns, sharing knowledge, treating the whole self, and seeing each person as a true partner in their health decisions. From prenatal care to birth, to contraception and women's health care, every person deserves to receive care that is respectful and empowering.
If I wasn't a midwife, I would be a world traveler because I love learning about different ways of living, trying to speak different languages, and seeing different lands.
Something I have learned from my patients is that I am always learning: from parenting and breastfeeding tips, to the differing cultural and religious views surrounding birth and women's health, to the physical and emotional challenges women face in today's world. I am constantly awed by the strength, perseverance, and wisdom of the women I meet every day.
My personal health goal is to eat more veggies!
I am most proud of my two children, Gabe and Ceci. Whenever I look at them, my heart wells up with pride and love.
- Marquette University
- University of Wisconsin at Madison
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
Current licenses and certifications
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Certified nurse midwife (CNM)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Registered nurse (RN)
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at Abbott Northwestern and Children's Minnesota
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)