Andrea Spandl, MD
- Celiac disease
- Preventive health services
- Sports Medicine
I am a board-certified physician specializing in pediatrics. My professional interests include celiac disease, sports medicine and preventive care.
Hometown: St. Paul, MN
Best part of my work: I have the privilege of watching children grow and being part of their health care. I feel I have a stake in their long-term health.
Why I became a pediatrician: I love working together with families to achieve the best health possible for their child/children.
What I tell my friends and family: Wear a helmet and shoes when riding a bike, scooter or skateboard.
How I spend my free time: I love to run, hike and travel with my family.
What patients say about me: Patients are more likely to follow through on recommendations if they have an explanation for such advice.
Favorite health tip: Add color to your plate with fruits and veggies at every meal.
Practice philosophy: Back to the basics--get plenty of rest, eat a well-balanced diet and exercise every day.
- Family activities
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- Twin Cities Medical Society
- University of Minnesota Medical Center
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children's Minnesota
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)