Andrea Spandl, MD
- Celiac disease
- Preventive health services
- Sports Medicine
- Virtual visits
I am a board-certified physician specializing in pediatrics. My professional interests include celiac disease, sports medicine and preventive care. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: St. Paul, MN
Best part of my work: I have the privilege of watching children grow and being part of their health care. I feel I have a stake in their long-term health.
Why I became a pediatrician: I love working together with families to achieve the best health possible for their child/children.
What I tell my friends and family: Wear a helmet and shoes when riding a bike, scooter or skateboard.
How I spend my free time: I love to run, hike and travel with my family.
What patients say about me: Patients are more likely to follow through on recommendations if they have an explanation for such advice.
Favorite health tip: Add color to your plate with fruits and veggies at every meal.
Practice philosophy: Back to the basics--get plenty of rest, eat a well-balanced diet and exercise every day.
- Family activities
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- Twin Cities Medical Society
- University of Minnesota Medical Center
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)