Umbreen Hasan, MD
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Systemic Scleroderma
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Virtual visits
I am a board-certified rheumatologist with professional interests in Sjogren's syndrome, vasculitis, scleroderma, lupus, systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
I manage inflammatory arthritis and complicated inflammatory connective tissue disease; excluding conditions like Ehler Danlos syndrome, Marfan’s syndrome, hyperflexibity, familial muscle disease which are more hereditary in nature.
Conditions such as soft tissue disorders, fibromyalgia, chronic pain issues, back pain and degenerative arthritis also called Osteoarthritis are best managed by other specialties including physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain clinics.
I believe one of the most important aspects of medical care is listening, caring and involving the patient at each and every step of their treatment. The relationship between the physician and the patient should be a partnership involving trust and respect. Being a rheumatologist has provided me with a unique perspective of managing complicated medical diseases, while at the same time, comforting and caring for patients with chronic conditions requiring demanding treatments of life-altering circumstances.
Although we have a limited amount of time during clinic visits, I always try to address all rheumatological issues during each and every visit so that my patients have a general plan of action and a clear direction of the treatment regimen.
- Interior design
- Spending time with family and friends
- University of Texas
- University of Missouri
- Aga Khan University
- American Association of Physician Leadership
- Medical Group Management Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Diplomat American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomat American Board of Rheumatology
- General Registration Medical Council of New Zealand
- Minnesota Medical Licensure
- North Dakota Medical Licensure
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Missouri
- Fellowship in Rheumatology/ Immunology: University of Missouri
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)