Kathrine Simon, CNM, MS
- Women's Health
- Pregnancy care
- Water birth
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (vbac)
- Trial of labor after cesarean (tolac)
- Empowerment of women and their families
- Natural physiological birth
- Minnesota midwife
Hometown: Plymouth, Minnesota, raised overseas in Japan
I am passionate about working with women and their families. I want to make a positive impact on each person I meet. It is also important to me to empower women, so they can find the power and knowledge in their bodies.
If I wasn't a midwife, I would love to spend my days baking and cooking. I enjoy spending time with my three busy teenagers, husband and Darwin my three-year-old golden doodle.
I knew I wanted to go into health care when I was a child because I enjoyed caring for others and would often role play with my younger brother making him the patient. My desire to become a certified nurse midwife was heightened during my time as a labor and delivery RN. I have been blessed to catch multiple babies for the same family.
- University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Masters of Science
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified Nurse-Midwife
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at Abbott Northwestern and Children's Minnesota
Are you this provider? Update your profile.