Kathrine Simon, CNM, MS
- Women's Health
- Pregnancy care
- Water birth
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (vbac)
- Trial of labor after cesarean (tolac)
- Empowerment of women and their families
- Natural physiological birth
- Minnesota midwife
Hometown: Plymouth, Minnesota, raised overseas in Japan
I am passionate about working with women and their families. I want to make a positive impact on each person I meet. It is also important to me to empower women, so they can find the power and knowledge in their bodies.
If I wasn't a midwife, I would love to spend my days baking and cooking. I enjoy spending time with my three busy teenagers, husband and Darwin my three-year-old golden doodle.
I knew I wanted to go into health care when I was a child because I enjoyed caring for others and would often role play with my younger brother making him the patient. My desire to become a certified nurse midwife was heightened during my time as a labor and delivery RN. I have been blessed to catch multiple babies for the same family.
- University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Masters of Science
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified Nurse-Midwife
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at Abbott Northwestern and Children's Minnesota
- United Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at United and Children's Minnesota
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)