Services at this location are provided by Buffalo Hospital.
About this location
If health issues, such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome and other disorders are keeping you from a good night’s sleep, the experts at Allina Health Sleep Centers can help.
- testing, diagnosis and treatment
- exceptional clinical staff trained to find solutions that fit your lifestyle
- comfortable, hotel quality environment for sleep testing
Three steps to better sleep
You'll meet with a provider who will evaluate your physical health and talk with you to get a better idea of what may be disturbing your sleep. Depending upon the diagnosis, your doctor may recommend an overnight sleep study, or a polysomnography.
2. Overnight sleep study
There are two kinds of sleep studies. There is the newer home sleep apnea test (HSAT) and the traditional sleep study (polysomnogram).
- HSATs evaluate patients for the obstructive sleep apnea. It is done in the comfort of your own home and involves a limited amount of equipment. It is usually much more comfortable and convenient than a traditional sleep study.
- If your doctor refers you to a traditional sleep study, relax. We'll do everything we can to make you comfortable.
- Our Sleep Centers have private bedrooms that are similar to hotel rooms. Most sleep tests are done during the night.
- A sleep study specialist will place electrodes on your chin, scalp and outer edge of your eyelids, which remain in place while you sleep. These electrodes measure the time it takes you to fall asleep, as well as the time it takes you to enter rapid eye movement sleep.
- Heart rate and breathing monitors are attached to your chest. A specially trained researcher will note any changes in breathing or heart rate.
3. Diagnosis and treatment
After your doctor has evaluated the results of your sleep study, we'll meet with you to discuss the results and treatment options.