Intensive outpatient addiction program
Patients with a substance use disorder who do not require medical detoxification or 24-hour supervision may benefit from Allina Health’s intensive outpatient program. We will help you improve your quality of life by focusing on your whole being – mind, body and spirit – with an individualized treatment plan to meet your needs and goals.
What it is
When you come to Allina Health for outpatient addiction treatment will participate in individual and group counseling. These counseling sessions use evidence-based therapy, education and skills to treat addiction and support recovery. Your entire wellbeing – spiritual, emotional and physical health – as well as your relationships will be addressed as we help you build a recovery plan.
To qualify for a program, a substance use disorder comprehensive assessment (formerly known as Rule 25) is necessary. Through this assessment, our referral specialist can help select the treatment option that best suits your needs.
What to expect
Program features include:
- individual counseling
- group counseling
- family involvement
- intensity step-down programming
- after-care programming
- education about community support organizations
Number of sessions per week may be adjusted based on individual needs, and because we recognize that life isn’t always 9 to 5. Therefore, we offer day and evening group schedules for working adults.
Good to know
- To qualify for this program, a substance use disorder comprehensive assessment (formerly known as Rule 25) is necessary. Through this assessment, a referral specialist can help you identify the extent of your addiction and the treatment options that best suit your needs.
- The Comprehensive Assessment also required for insurance coverage.
- We accept most insurance plans.
Source: Allina Health Mental Health
Reviewed by: Allina Health Mental Health
First published: 12/2/2019
Last reviewed: 12/2/2019