Whether it’s your routine annual exam, a preventative screening or a specialty care need such as a pelvic floor disorder concern, Allina Health gynecology providers are experts in all areas of women's health. Throughout any life stage, together, we will focus on both your physical and emotional wellness.
Gynecology care is an important part of your health journey throughout your life. With Allina Health, you will find expert, compassionate and guiding support to help you bring out your best self.
What it is
Gynecology care is provided throughout a woman's life from adolescence through menopause. If you start seeing an obstetrician-gynecologist for your pregnancy care, you can continue to see them for your women's health and gynecology care needs.
Gynecology care often focuses on:
- annual exam including Pap smear and pelvic exam
- breast health exams
- family planning
- pediatric and adolescent gynecology – general care for female health development
- gynecologic surgery
- pelvic surgery (pelvic prolapstepelvic support)
- sexual health
Good for treating
- abnormal bleeding
- bladder concerns
- lactation concerns
- ovarian cysts
- pelvic floor conditions (pelvic pain, uterine prolapse, incontinence, endometriosis, etc.)
- period/menstruation concerns
- sexually transmitted diseases
- urinary tract infections
- vaginal infections