Heather L. Jensen, DPM, MHA
- Limb Salvage
- Foot Injuries and Disorders
- Ankle Injuries and Disorders
- Diabetic foot disorders
- Wound care
- Virtual visits
I am a board-certified doctor of podiatric medicine with professional interests in medical care of foot and ankle pathology, reconstructive and elective foot surgery, foot and ankle trauma, diabetic wound care and limb salvage. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Best part of my work: Learning about a patient's personal history and how that may be related to his/her foot and ankle concerns.
Why I became a doctor of podiatry: I was a soccer player for years and had to visit the foot doctor numerous times for different problems.
What I tell my friends and family: Many overuse injuries of the foot and ankle can be prevented by starting a new exercise program, slowly and gradually increasing activity.
How I spend my free time: Quiet time with my husband, daughter and dogs, and with friends and extended family. I enjoy gardening and interior-decorating.
What patients say about me: Patients often tell me that I take time to explain things well and answer all their questions.
Favorite health tip: The best way to prevent diabetes complications is to manage diabetes well.
Practice philosophy: Every patient is unique and deserves personalized foot and ankle care.
Honors and awards:
- 2020 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- 2019 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- Church activities
- Family activities
- Des Moines University College of Health Sciences, MHA
- Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery, DPM
- American Association for Women Podiatrists
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care
- Minnesota State Podiatric Medical Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Board eligible, Podiatry, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)