Lon Peterson, MD
Hospitalist Medical Director
- Family medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Hospital medicine
Lon Peterson, MD, has special interest in family medicine. He is a hospitalist who cares for patients who have been admitted to Regina Hospital. After a hospital stay, please follow up with your primary care provider about your ongoing medical care.
Best part of my work or a patient visit: Sitting at the bedside of an ill patient in the hospital, listening to their story, and providing words of encouragement and comfort.
Why I became a physician/provider: I am fascinated by the science of medicine and blessed by the opportunity to share that knowledge in the care of my patients.
What I tell friends and family: When your work is devoted to healing, you are reminded that very day is a gift and there are no guarantees about tomorrow. Live each day to its fullest and treasure your family and friends.
How I spend my free time: Running, biking, kayaking, camping, and devoting time to my wife and children.
What patients say about me: I smile, listen carefully, and take time to explain their illness and treatment.
Favorite health tip: Exercise must be fun and social.
Practice philosophy: We need to provide care that exceeds the expectations of our patients.
- Family medicine
- St. Olaf College
- University of Wisconsin Medical School
- University of St. Thomas School of Business
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Practice
- American College of Physician Executives
- East Metro Medical Society
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Society of Hospital Medicine
Current licenses and certifications
- Licensed in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Board Certified in Family Medicine
- St. Paul Ramsey Medical Center
Years of experience
- United Hospital – Hastings Regina Campus
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)