Lon Peterson, MD
Hospitalist Medical Director
- Family medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Hospital medicine
Lon Peterson, MD, has special interest in family medicine. He is a hospitalist who cares for patients who have been admitted to Regina Hospital. After a hospital stay, please follow up with your primary care provider about your ongoing medical care.
Best part of my work or a patient visit: Sitting at the bedside of an ill patient in the hospital, listening to their story, and providing words of encouragement and comfort.
Why I became a physician/provider: I am fascinated by the science of medicine and blessed by the opportunity to share that knowledge in the care of my patients.
What I tell friends and family: When your work is devoted to healing, you are reminded that very day is a gift and there are no guarantees about tomorrow. Live each day to its fullest and treasure your family and friends.
How I spend my free time: Running, biking, kayaking, camping, and devoting time to my wife and children.
What patients say about me: I smile, listen carefully, and take time to explain their illness and treatment.
Favorite health tip: Exercise must be fun and social.
Practice philosophy: We need to provide care that exceeds the expectations of our patients.
- Family medicine
- St. Olaf College
- University of Wisconsin Medical School
- University of St. Thomas School of Business
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Practice
- American College of Physician Executives
- East Metro Medical Society
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Society of Hospital Medicine
Current licenses and certifications
- Licensed in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Board Certified in Family Medicine
- St. Paul Ramsey Medical Center
Years of experience
- Regina Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)