Jennifer Bunders, LICSW, MSW
- Social work
- Anxiety & Depression
- Chronic Medical
- Aging & Life Transitions
- Women's Mental Health
- Perinatal Disorders, High Risk Pregnancies, NICU Support
- Eating Disorders
- Grief & Loss
What is your practice philosophy? I practice from a humanistic and existential theoretical foundation, focusing on internal and external strengths within the therapeutic relationship. I utilize lived experience, collaboration, and a holistic approach including cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and trauma-informed care. It’s important to me that my patients feel safe, supported, and encouraged throughout the healing process.
What are you passionate about? And why? I'm passionate about improving access to quality mental health services for all. I value lifelong learning, diversity, and building meaningful relationships at every stage of life.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? To connect and inspire people to reach their goals. I recognize the many challenges of life and the feeling of vulnerability. As a patient myself, empathy and personability from providers has been very helpful. I strive to genuinely support my patients without judgement instilling hope.
- Social work
Awards and recognitions
- Goldie & Walter Eldot Memorial Scholarship - Awarded in 2010 for excellence in the field of gerontology and the completion of advanced health science courses including anatomy, chemistry, medical terminology, and pathology.
- Family activities
- The College of St. Scholastica, Augsburg College
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)