Tressa Paraventi, DO, MA
- Mood Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders
Tressa Paraventi, DO, MA is a Psychiatrist at Allina Health Unity Clinic.
What is your practice philosophy? I value every individual and their unique needs. I believe one of the most important aspects of providing quality care is to listen, establish a good relationship with my patients, and have an open dialogue that allows us to work together to identify goals and develop a treatment plan. I believe it is essential to approach every person and situation with compassion and empathy to help guide them towards greater fulfillment in life.
Hometown: DePere, WI
What are you passionate about? And why? I am passionate about my family, friends, and my dog. I cherish every moment I get to spend with those I love!
If I wasn’t a provider, I would be a: Interior decorator because I love tapping in to my artistic and creative side.
Why did you become a provider? I always sought a career that allowed me to serve. As the eldest sibling and cousin I naturally fell in to a role of guidance and caring for others. Over the years I found that my friends, teammates, family, and colleagues valued my support and encouragement. I quickly realized that Psychiatry provided a career in which I could help others every day in a truly meaningful way.
Something I have learned from my patients is: My patients have been my greatest teachers and have taught me many lessons I could never learn elsewhere. They have shown me the strength of positivity, the importance of listening with an open heart and mind, and the power of perseverance.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is: Thinking out of the box to come up with unique and creative ideas to address complex and unusual situations.
- DIY crafts and projects
- Exploring new places
- exploring new restaurants
- Outdoor activities
- Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Glendale, AZ
- Midwestern University, College of Health Sciences, Glendale, AZ
- Marquette University, College of Health Sciences, Milwaukee, WI
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association
- Adena Regional Medical Center/Chillicothe Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Chillicothe, OH
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)