Amy Hentges, MD
- Preventive health services
- Infant and newborn care
- Attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity
- Asthma, childhood
- Chronic medical conditions
- Virtual visits
I am a board-certified physician specializing in pediatrics. My professional interests include genetics, newborns, adolescent care and chronic medical conditions such as ADHD and asthma. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Cottage Grove, MN
Best part of my work: Supporting and connecting with children and their families.
Why I became a physician: My interest in genetics led me to research projects in pediatrics. This sparked my life-long interest in providing care for children and their families.
What I tell my friends and family: Stay active, eat healthy and wash your hands!
How I spend my free time: Playing and watching soccer, exploring beautiful natural places, dates with my husband, quality time with my two children, and adventures with my friends.
What patients say about me: "Will you come to my birthday party?" from a 5-year old girl. "Will you come over and babysit?" from an 8-year old boy.
Favorite health tip: Stay active, eat healthy and wash your hands!
Practice philosophy: Provide quality compassionate care for children and young adults with respect for their time and unique situations.
Additional info: "Best Pediatrician", Anoka County Shopper, 2013.
- Family activities
- Watching sports
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Minnesota Medical Association
- University of Minnesota Medical Center
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children's Minnesota
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)