David G. Hurrell, MD
- Cardiovascular disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart rhythm disorders
- heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Valvular heart disease
Dr. Hurrell provides both inpatient and outpatient cardiology care with special interests in several modalities of non-invasive cardiology including echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. Dr. Hurrell is also recognized for his interest in integrative and complementary therapies.
Dr. Hurrell commonly treats disorders of coronary artery disease, heart rhythm disorders, heart failure, high blood pressure, hyperlipidemia and valvular heart disease.
Minneapolis Heart Institute® at Abbott Northwestern Hospital is recognized internationally as one of the world’s leading providers of heart and vascular care. We have developed an Integrated Cardiovascular Care Model, involving groundbreaking clinical research, scientific innovation, and premier medical care with top-ranked physicians throughout the Midwest, that are blurring the lines between today’s advanced clinical practices and tomorrow’s possibilities. We focus on the full range of cardiovascular specialties, working toward excellence in all areas of heart disease - prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation - as we work to change the face of CV care worldwide.
2019 Top Doctor in Mpls St. Paul Magazine
- Cardiovascular disease
- Mayo Medical School
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Fellow - American College of Cardiology
Current licenses and certifications
- Board-certified cardiologist in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Beth Israel Medical Center
- Mayo Graduate School Of Medicine
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Cambridge Medical Center
- District One Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)