Home infusion therapy services
Patients who require intravenous medication can sometimes receive such medication in the comfort of their own home. Allina Health’s home infusion therapy services may be an option for you. Learn more by calling 763-236-6991.
What it is
Infusion therapy involves the administration of medication through an intravenous needle or catheter. It is usually prescribed when your condition cannot be effectively treated with medication by mouth.
Traditionally, this treatment method was only done in the hospital. But now, this service can take place in the comfort of your home, giving you more time with family and friends and less time at the hospital.
What to expect
If you and your primary care provider decide that infusion therapy is the best option for your care, our specially-trained home infusion care team will work with you and your caregiver to:
- create an individualized care plan specific to your needs and goals
- teach you and your loved ones how to administer your medication
- monitor your symptoms and make sure you are comfortable
- determine the frequency of home visits from your infusion nurse
- maintain regular communication with your primary care provider
- work closely with dedicated pharmacists to ensure your medication is safe and correct
- provide safe and compassionate care in the comfort of your home
And for any late-night questions or concerns—someone from your care team is available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All medications are mixed at an accredited Allina Health pharmacy and are delivered direct to your home by a delivery professional. You can be assured that all medication is transported safely and meets all industry safety and sterility standards.
Good for treating
Infusion therapy can treat a range of acute and chronic conditions, including but not limited to:
- autoimmune disorders
- infectious diseases
- nutritional/gastrointestinal disorders
- primary immune deficiencies
For IV services to treat hyperemesis or nausea during pregnancy, call Home Health – Mother & Newborn at 612-863-4478
Good to know
Home infusion care is covered by most insurance companies. Prior to starting your care, we will obtain your benefit verification and authorization from your insurance company—giving you one less thing to worry about. Private pay options are also available.