Banner image

High-risk pregnancy care services

You may be referred to a maternal-fetal medicine specialist/perinatologist (a pregnancy doctor with training in caring for high-risk pregnancies) if you:

  • are pregnant with more than one baby
  • have had problems with previous pregnancies
  • are age 35 or older
  • have a health problem or develop a health problem that may worsen during pregnancy or have pregnancy complications (such as  preterm labor, gestational diabetes or preeclampsia)
  • have a baby diagnosed with a medical condition that requires special care

During a high-risk pregnancy, a perinatologist can help a woman have the healthiest possible pregnancy and birth.

Learn more

About high-risk pregnancy care services

Minnesota Perinatal Physicians has provided high-risk pregnancy care for women in the five-state region for more than 25 years. We are one of the largest perinatal practices in the nation.

Additional high-risk pregnancy care providers at Midwest Fetal Care Center.

mn perinatal physicians logo

Related links