Lawrence D. Callanan, MD
- Internal medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Cardiovascular risk reduction
- Sports injuries
- General adult medicine
I am a board-certified internal medicine physician with professional interests in cardiovascular risk reduction, sports injuries and general adult medicine.
Best part of my work: Helping patients through difficult times or problems.
Why I became a physician: I wanted to spend my career doing something important for people. I wanted to use my love of science to help others and to connect with them.
What I tell friends and family: Seatbelts, helmets and exercise are your best friends.
How I spend my free time: Running (distance, marathons), listening to and making music with family and cooking with the family.
What patients say about me: That I listen well and that I care.
Favorite health tip: Keeping active will keep you healthy!
Practice philosophy: I partner with my patients to help them improve their health.
Honors and awards:
- 2019 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- Internal medicine
- Family activities
- Duke University School of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Beth Israel Deaconess/Harvard Medical School, MA
- Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Years of experience
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)