Sara Creurer, PsyD, LP
- Psychological assessments
- Relationship challenges
- Interpersonal therapies
- Self Esteem
- Personality Disorders
- loss, grief, and bereavement
- Virtual visits
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Duluth, MN
Practice philosophy: I believe that relationships are fundamental to healing and that my role as a therapist is to help clients feel connected, supported, and encouraged during life’s challenges. I strive to help clients cope with their current struggles while also exploring the roots of symptoms and development of problematic patterns. Ultimately, my goal is to help clients promote compassion for themselves, to reduce shame, and to recognize that they are worthy of a life worth living.
If I wasn’t a provider, I would be: A writer/essayist. I love connecting to others through stories and humor.
When I knew this career was for me: I have honestly wanted to be a therapist since middle school, as I have felt a strong compassion for others and a pull to help them heal. In fact, I used to hold therapy sessions with my friends in 6th grade! I know I made the right career choice simply because I start and leave each day feeling invigorated and excited to be in this field.
Something I have learned from my patients: It takes a lot of courage to be vulnerable and to open up with others about our deepest insecurities or regrets.
A challenge I enjoy: I have an investigative nature, so I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out the reasons behind presenting concerns, both in therapy and through psychological assessments.
- Eating out
- Spending time with family
- University of St. Thomas - Minneapolis, MN
- University of Puget Sound - Tacoma, WA
Current licenses and certifications
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- Autism diagnostic observation schedule, second edition (ADOS-2)
- Licensed Psychologist
- Natalis Counseling and Psychological Solutions
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)