Vanessa Boerhave, PsyD, LP
- Adult and adolescent psychology
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Life transitions
- Lifestyle/personal development
- Psychological testing
- Virtual visits
I am a licensed psychologist with professional interests in adult and adolescent psychology, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, life transitions, trauma, lifestyle/personal development and psychological testing. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Practice philosophy: I use a variety of treatment modalities to fit my client’s individual needs. Although I often utilize Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, I also value therapeutic approaches that are person-centered, trauma-informed, and strength-based, and I often incorporates mindfulness-based techniques into the therapeutic process.
I am passionate about: having the ability to provide a wide range of services to culturally and diagnostically diverse populations. Furthermore, I have a particular interest in understanding the neuro-biological impacts of trauma, and I am a certified Adaptive Internal Relational (AIR) Network Practitioner. Through my work, I hope to provide a safe place for individuals to be themselves, process current and past challenges, and facilitate awareness of how their unique strengths can be utilized to improve their psychological health and well-being.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- American Association of Sexual Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- Minnesota Women in Psychology
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified Adaptive Internal Relational (AIR) Network Practitioner
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)