Vanessa Boerhave, PsyD, LP
- Adult and adolescent psychology
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Life transitions
- Lifestyle/personal development
- Psychological testing
- Virtual visits
I am a licensed psychologist with professional interests in adult and adolescent psychology, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, life transitions, trauma, lifestyle/personal development and psychological testing. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Practice philosophy: I use a variety of treatment modalities to fit my client’s individual needs. Although I often utilize Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, I also value therapeutic approaches that are person-centered, trauma-informed, and strength-based, and I often incorporates mindfulness-based techniques into the therapeutic process.
I am passionate about: having the ability to provide a wide range of services to culturally and diagnostically diverse populations. Furthermore, I have a particular interest in understanding the neuro-biological impacts of trauma, and I am a certified Adaptive Internal Relational (AIR) Network Practitioner. Through my work, I hope to provide a safe place for individuals to be themselves, process current and past challenges, and facilitate awareness of how their unique strengths can be utilized to improve their psychological health and well-being.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- American Association of Sexual Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- Minnesota Women in Psychology
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified Adaptive Internal Relational (AIR) Network Practitioner
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)