Claire McNeil, MD
- Internal medicine
- Childhood onset chronic conditions
- Immigrant and refugee health
- Newborn care and breastfeeding promotion
- Preventative health
- Travel health
- Women's Health
As a board-certified pediatrician and internal medicine doctor, I am a strong advocate for my patients and their health. I find joy in guiding adults toward a healthy lifestyle and helping families develop a health-focused foundation for their children.
I have professional interests in newborn care and breastfeeding promotion, childhood onset chronic conditions, immigrant and refugee health, preventive health, and women's health.
What is your practice philosophy? I believe manageable, healthy habits are the foundation of all health. I believe we find the best solutions to health problems when we work together, as patient and doctor. I listen compassionately to my patients and their families so I can better understand their needs; and I offer recommendations and guidance based on current evidence.
I became a pediatrician and internist because I enjoy listening to patients' stories and love that I can care for growing families from infancy through adulthood. I love learning from challenges, and I am inspired by the resilience of my patients.
The thing that inspires me most about my patients is the compassion, generosity and grit that I see from so many of them.
My personal health goals are to prioritize sleep, be present in each moment and enjoy daily meals with my husband and daughter.
What is the best thing you've done for your health? Remembering to laugh during both happy and challenging times!
What are you most proud of? Maintaining strong relationships with my family and friends near and far.
- Internal medicine
- Enjoying the outdoors with family and friends
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Georgetown University
- University of San Francisco Quito, Ecuador
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Physicians
- University of Minnesota Internal Medicine & Pediatrics residency program
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at Abbott Northwestern and Children's Minnesota
Are you this provider? Update your profile.