Craig Johnson, MD
- Plastic surgery
- To schedule a consultation, call 651-241-6800
- Plastic surgeon (board-certified)
- Hand surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Virtual visits
Providers in my care team:
Craig Johnson, MD, is a board-certified plastic surgeon with professional interests in hand surgery and breast reconstruction. He offers face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Johnson, call 651-241-6800.
Hometown: Lindstrom, Minn.
Best part of my work or a patient visit: Getting to know patients on a personal level and helping them achieve a restoration of their wholeness.
Why I became a provider: I find deep joy in making a difference in people's lives, combined with a long-standing interest in medicine. My practice philosophy is that the needs of the patient come first.
I am a senior examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. I am also the former chairman and chief of Plastic Surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
- Plastic surgery
Awards and recognitions
- 2019, 2022 MN Monthly Top Doctors
- 2023 MN Monthly Top Doctors for Women
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Minnesota Society of Plastic Surgeons
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery added qualifications: surgery of the hand
- University of Chicago Hospital and Clinic
- General surgery - Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Plastic surgery - Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Hand and Microsurgery - Harvard University Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital
Years of experience
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)