Craig Johnson, MD
- Plastic surgery
- To schedule a consultation, call 651-241-6800
- Plastic surgeon (board-certified)
- Hand surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Virtual visits
Craig Johnson, MD, is a board-certified plastic surgeon with professional interests in hand surgery and breast reconstruction. He offers face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Johnson, call 651-241-6800.
Hometown: Lindstrom, Minn.
Best part of my work or a patient visit: Getting to know patients on a personal level and helping them achieve a restoration of their wholeness.
Why I became a provider: I find deep joy in making a difference in people's lives, combined with a long-standing interest in medicine. My practice philosophy is that the needs of the patient come first.
I am a senior examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. I am also the former chairman and chief of Plastic Surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
- Plastic surgery
Awards and recognitions
- 2019 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Minnesota Society of Plastic Surgeons
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery added qualifications: surgery of the hand
- University of Chicago Hospital and Clinic
- General surgery - Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Plastic surgery - Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Hand and Microsurgery - Harvard University Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital
Years of experience
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)