Andrew Houghton, MD, CAQ
- Sports medicine
- Non-surgical orthopedic care
- Fracture management
- Joint injections
- Arthritis management
- Sports-related concussion
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Virtual visits
- Sports and overuse injuries
- Ultrasound guided procedures
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy
Andrew Houghton, MD, specializes in orthopedics and sports medicine at a variety of Allina Health Clinic locations. He offers face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
To request an appointment, please complete this form or call a clinic location listed below.
Personal interests: Running, hiking, attending sporting events and family trips
Favorite health tip: Maintaining an active, healthy lifestyle starts with baby steps; it won't happen overnight. Commit to small lifestyle changes you can maintain and build from there.
Practice philosophy: I enjoy educating patients and therefore empowering them to take an active role in their health care.
- Sports medicine
Awards and recognitions
- 2019 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- 2021 Top Doctor Rising Star in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- Family trips
Current licenses and certifications
- sports medicine CAQ
- University of Minnesota - Methodist Hospital
- University of Connecticut
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)