Shannon D'Alonzo, MD
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Integrative care
- Virtual visits
I am a board-certified adult psychiatrist with professional interests in mood and anxiety disorders, and integrative care. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Faribault, MN
Best part of my patient visit: Teaching my patients about the brain and their symptoms, and explaining how their symptoms can improve with treatment.
Practice philosophy: I believe psychiatry is about improving a person's overall quality of life through multiple means, including therapy, medication, exercise, nutrition and many others.
Favorite health tip: Exercise and good nutrition have all the benefits of an antidepressant and no negative side effects.
- Healthy living
- Playing piano
- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- Psi Chi Honors Society
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)