Melissa Kennedy, PA-C
Certified physician assistant
- Family medicine
- Preventive care
- Women's Health
- Pediatric care
- Diabetes management
- Weight loss and nutrition
- Virtual visits
I am a certified physician assistant specializing in family medicine with professional interests in preventive care, women's health, pediatric care, diabetes management, and weight loss and nutrition. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Monticello, MN
I’m passionate about: leading a healthy lifestyle composed of a healthy diet, exercise and spending quality time with my family.
If I wasn’t a provider, I would be a: photographer, because I love capturing the beauty of children and families.
My favorite travel destination is: Boston, MA. I love the history of the city and good food, Fenway Park, Cape Cod and the Boston Marathon.
My patients have taught me to: take the time to really listen and understand each individual’s needs and concerns.
My personal health goal is: to qualify for and run the Boston Marathon.
I’m most proud of: my family! My husband and I have three children, two daughters and a son. I love watching my girls perform in gymnastics, dance and piano, and watching my infant son learn new tricks every day!
A few of my personal achievements include: completing five marathons, one triathlon and numerous other road races.
- Family medicine
- 2004 Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN - Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
- 2001 Concordia College, Moorhead, MN - BA Biology, cum laude
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Augsburg College Physician Assistant Society
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
Years of experience
- Buffalo Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)