Hospitalization for addiction treatment
Allina Health’s inpatient hospitalization treatment program is one of the few programs in the country that provides intensive care for patients with addiction problems who also have medical or psychiatric needs. We provide 24/7 nursing and medical care for our patients’ needs including detoxification, and medical and psychiatric stabilization.
What it is
Our expert care team specializes in addiction treatment for alcohol and drugs, including opioids. We provide you with comprehensive medical and nursing care, coaching, counseling and education to teach you skills and proven techniques to start your recovery process.
Our inpatient addiction medicine unit offers you up to 40 hours a week of robust programming by experts from diverse disciplines, who use current best practices in treating addiction and mental health. Your stay will include:
- assessment and treatment from an addiction psychiatric provider, internal medicine physician, licensed alcohol and drug counselor, registered nurses and support staff
- skills-based group therapy settings with licensed alcohol and drug counselors to learn proven techniques and skills for recovery
- groups and education on topics such as mindfulness, mental health, coping skills, relapse prevention, meditation, emotional health, stress reduction, trauma, addiction, medication management, and healing mind and body through nutrition
- therapy groups focused on mental health and chemical dependency led by a psychologist to help you address issues associated with trauma and other mental health concerns
- individualized therapy with mental health professionals as needed
- pet, recreation, occupational and music therapy, and yoga
- one-on-one spirituality sessions, along with groups led by chaplains
- programming by outside recovery speakers who share their experience, strength and hope.
- monitored detoxification to help patients deal with the physical effects of withdrawal and sedative hypnotics
- strong service coordination and case management services
- coordinated care with other medical, mental health and addition specialists based on your individual needs
What to expect
You can expect
- an inpatient stay in the program for 10-28 days, with an average stay of 14 days
- mostly double capacity rooms, shared with one other patient
- some single rooms
Good for treating
- individuals whom require 24-hour nursing care which includes medical and psychiatric management
- Individuals that need medical management for seizure and withdrawal symptoms
- issues with addiction that affect day-to-day life and/or relationships
- individuals with both a primary diagnosis of addiction and secondary diagnosed mental health condition and/or medical condition
Good to know
- To be admitted to the program, patients must have acute medical or psychiatric care needs along with an addiction condition.
- Our program space is locked for patient safety.
- We are equipped to provide 72-hour medical monitoring for patients who need it.
- We accept all major insurance, and county/consolidated funding.
- We serve community members of the greater Twin Cities and surrounding areas.