How you feel about your body matters and can impact your confidence and wellness.
Whether you’re looking to lessen the impact of aging, repair an injury or fracture, have breast surgery following cancer, or enhance your post-pregnancy body, Allina Health’s board-certified plastic surgeons will work with you to help you look and feel your best.
Meet Allina Health’s board-certified plastic surgeons. To schedule a consultation, call one of their clinic locations.
What it is
Cosmetic surgery and services
- body contouring surgery after weight loss (may be covered by insurance)
- breast augmentation
- breast lifts (mastopexy)
- cosmetic medical spa services
- chemical peels
- dermal fillers (Juvederm®, fat transfers)
- eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- facial cosmetic surgery
- gender confirmation surgery (sex change surgery)
- mommy makeover (post-pregnancy body changes)
- tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- medical spa and skincare services
Reconstructive surgery (often covered by insurance) can help correct birth defects, diseases, scars, tumors or other issues that affect how your body looks and works. We specialize in procedures such as:
- breast reconstruction
- breast reduction
- complicated wound care and closure to prevent further complications
- scar/burn reconstruction
- skin cancer surgery
- skin lesion removal (lipoma and moles)
Good for treating
- acute hand injuries and fractures
- age spots
- breast reconstruction following a cancer diagnosis
- effects of aging
- excess fat
- excess skin following weight loss
- facial and lower extremity trauma
- post-pregnancy body changes
- sagging skin
- skin cancer/lesions
Good to know
Photos may be taken during your appointments for the purposes of insurance and to assist with patient education. These photos are not used for marketing purposes.
Every person’s insurance coverage is different. We’ll work with you to figure out the payment and insurance options that best fit your needs.
Our plastic surgeons work closely with the breast surgeons from the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute. This team approach to care often means tumor removal and breast reconstruction can happen at the same time.
What to expect
For the majority of procedures, you will come in for an initial consult with a plastic surgeon. During that time, you’ll discuss your goals and options for treatment. Depending on the care that is needed, your procedure may be done in the clinic or scheduled in the hospital.
Good to know
To schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon, call one of their clinic locations.
Reviewed by: Allina Health Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery physicians
First published: 7/2/2018