Plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
How you feel about your appearance can can affect your overall wellness. You may want to lessen the effects of an illness or a condition you’ve had since birth, of aging or of an injury - and we can help.
Together, we’ll discuss your options and create a personalized plan that meets your goals. Whether it’s breast reconstruction or reduction surgery, Botox® or medical spa services, or our wide variety of medical skincare products, we can help you look and feel your best.
Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and follow the highest quality standards for safety. You’ll find them in clinics and hospitals across the Allina Health system.
What it is
Plastic surgery includes cosmetic and reconstructive procedures.
Reconstructive surgery (often covered by insurance) can help correct birth defects, diseases, scars, tumors or other abnormalities that affect how the body looks and works.
- breast reconstruction
- breast reduction
- complicated wound care and closure to prevent further complications
- scar/burn reconstruction
- skin cancer surgery
- skin lesion removal (lipoma and moles)
Cosmetic procedures and services
- body contouring surgery after weight loss (may be covered by insurance)
- breast augmentation
- breast lifts (mastopexy)
- cosmetic medical spa services
- chemical peels
- dermal fillers (Juvederm®, fat transfers)
- eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- facial cosmetic surgery
- gender confirmation surgery (sex change surgery)
- mommy makeover (post-pregnancy body changes)
- tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Good for treating
- acute hand injuries and fractures
- age spots
- breast reconstruction following a cancer diagnosis
- effects of aging
- excess fat
- excess skin following weight loss
- facial and lower extremity trauma
- post-pregnancy body changes
- sagging skin
- skin cancer/lesions
Good to know
Photos may be taken during your appointments for the purposes of insurance and to assist with patient education. These photos are not used for marketing purposes.
Every person’s insurance coverage is different. We’ll work with you to figure out the payment and insurance options that best fit your needs.
Our plastic surgeons work closely with the breast surgeons from the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute. This team approach to care often means tumor removal and breast reconstruction can happen at the same time.
What to expect
For the majority of procedures, you will come in for an initial consult with a plastic surgeon. During that time, you’ll discuss your goals and options for treatment. Depending on the care that is needed, your procedure may be done in the clinic or scheduled in the hospital.
Reviewed by: Allina Health Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery physicians
First published: 7/2/2018