Alex Scholl, DPM
- Sports medicine
- Reconstructive foot and ankle surgery
- Fractures of the lower leg, foot and ankle
- Foot and ankle trauma
- Revision foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Lower leg, foot and ankle conditions
- Tendon injuries of the foot and ankle
- Sports injuries/sprains of the lower leg, foot and ankle
- Achilles Tendon Injuries
- Osteoarthritis of the foot and ankle
I am a doctor of podiatric medicine board-certified in foot surgery and reconstructive rear foot and ankle surgery. My professional interests include surgical and nonsurgical treatment of foot and ankle, foot and ankle disorders, arthroscopy, limb salvage, fracture care and reconstructive surgery. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Woodbury, MN
Best part of my work: Meeting new people and patients every day and helping them to get back to their day-to-day activities.
Why I became a physician: I always wanted to work in health care and be involved in a surgical field. I had great mentors that guided me to podiatry.
What I tell friends and family: A good pair of shoes will solve most foot and ankle pain. Listen to your body!
How I spend my free time: Running with my wife, enjoying the outdoors with my kids and retired greyhound adoption.
What patients say about me: I care about my patients and take the time to listen to them and develop a treatment plan that is unique to them.
Practice philosophy: My goal is to educate the patient so we can both participate in treatment.
- Sports medicine
- Horseback riding
- Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, IL
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified in foot and ankle reconstruction surgery
- St. John Hospital and Medical Center, MI
Years of experience
- United Hospital – Hastings Regina Campus
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)