Tama Almquist, MTOM, Dipl.AC BAN
A referral may be needed for this provider.
- Chronic pain management
I am a licensed Acupuncturist and practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine. I received a Masters of Traditional Oriental Medicine in 1989 from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA. I am board-certified by the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and am licensed by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Registered Nursing from the University of St. Catherine along with certification Rehabilitation Nursing.
My special interests are in the treatment of chronic pain, stress management, and the promotion of holistic preventive health and am a practitioner of Chinese Tui Na Massage.
- Dipl.AC BAN
- St. Catherine University
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Committee Chair: Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Association of Minnesota
- Minnesota Chapter of Rehabilitation Nurses, past president
- Minnesota Holistic Nurse Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse
- Diplomat of Acupuncture - National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Registered Nurse
Years of experience
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)