Cheryl Bemel, PhD, LP
- Adjustment to chronic and acute illness
- Mindful weight management techniques
- clinical hypnosis
- Women's healthy living group therapy
- Psychological assessments - bariatric surgery
- Anxiety disorders
- Mindful stress management techniques
- Mood disorders
- Life transitions
- Coping Behavior
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Practice philosophy: I believe each patient has an innate capacity to heal. I work with patients to access their own natural internal healing resources. I utilize a combination of cognitive behavioral therapies and mind/body therapies. I abide by my own advice by balancing work, life, family and friendships. I treasure maintaining a healthy relationship with food. I believe that our body is the vessel that carries us in this life and we need to power the vessel with excellent care and healthy fuels.
My Passion: Seeing my patients make progress emotionally to become who they want to be. One way of making therapeutic progress is through group therapy; another way is through individual therapy. I offer both. I am passionate about offering groups, as they give patients a sense of connection and community. I offer two groups: 1) Women, Food and Emotions. This group helps balance healthy eating with our busy lifestyle. 2) Women’s Process Group with Experiential Art Component to improve Quality of Life and Decrease Depression/Anxiety.
Something I have learned from my patients is: It is essential to listen and get to know each patient. Every ONE of us has a unique history, needs and goals. I find it so rewarding to support and educate my patients, helping guide them on their path to improved health.
What I tell friends and family: Seeking professional help is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength!
My personal health goal is to: Age naturally, maintain a healthy relationship with food, keep an exercise routine, maintain healthy social connections and make sure to create a bit of fun each day.
- University of Minnesota
- American Psychological Association
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- National Association of School Psychologists
Current licenses and certifications
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy, Advanced Certification Level
- Brain spotting Clinician, Certified at Phase 1
- CBT-TEAM Training: Certified Level 2 TEAM Therapist
- Certified in Clinical Hypnosis
- Nationally certified school psychologist
- School Psychologist, K-12
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- New Richmond Mental Health Clinic
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)