Cheryl Bemel, PhD, LP
- Adjustment to chronic and acute illness
- Mindful weight management techniques
- clinical hypnosis
- Women's healthy living group therapy
- Psychological assessments - bariatric surgery
- Anxiety disorders
- Mindful stress management techniques
- Mood disorders
- Life transitions
- Coping Behavior
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Practice philosophy: I believe each patient has an innate capacity to heal. I work with patients to access their own natural internal healing resources. I utilize a combination of cognitive behavioral therapies and mind/body therapies. I abide by my own advice by balancing work, life, family and friendships. I treasure maintaining a healthy relationship with food. I believe that our body is the vessel that carries us in this life and we need to power the vessel with excellent care and healthy fuels.
My Passion: Seeing my patients make progress emotionally to become who they want to be. One way of making therapeutic progress is through group therapy; another way is through individual therapy. I offer both. I am passionate about offering groups, as they give patients a sense of connection and community. I offer two groups: 1) Women, Food and Emotions. This group helps balance healthy eating with our busy lifestyle. 2) Women’s Process Group with Experiential Art Component to improve Quality of Life and Decrease Depression/Anxiety.
Something I have learned from my patients is: It is essential to listen and get to know each patient. Every ONE of us has a unique history, needs and goals. I find it so rewarding to support and educate my patients, helping guide them on their path to improved health.
What I tell friends and family: Seeking professional help is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength!
My personal health goal is to: Age naturally, maintain a healthy relationship with food, keep an exercise routine, maintain healthy social connections and make sure to create a bit of fun each day.
- University of Minnesota
- American Psychological Association
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- National Association of School Psychologists
Current licenses and certifications
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy, Advanced Certification Level
- Brain spotting Clinician, Certified at Phase 1
- CBT-TEAM Training: Certified Level 2 TEAM Therapist
- Certified in Clinical Hypnosis
- Nationally certified school psychologist
- School Psychologist, K-12
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- New Richmond Mental Health Clinic
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)