Yuliya Olimpiadi, MD
Breast Surgical Oncologist
- General surgery
A referral may be needed for this provider.
- Breast cancer surgery
- Breast cancer risk reduction
- Idiopathic granulomatous mastitis
- Surgical treatment of pathologic nipple discharge
- Oncoplastic surgery and hidden scar surgery
Practice philosophy: Team work
What are you passionate about and why? I am passionate about serving women and men who are affected by benign or malignant breast conditions. I love my job and grateful to be a part of the team along with my patients, their families, my colleagues and our wonderful nurses. I strive to achieve the best outcomes for each patient.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? Airplane mechanic or a pilot
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I became a breast surgical oncologist to serve patients. I treat my job as a privilege to serve patients and to help them find a way to achieve the best quality of life during and after treatment.
What is something you have learned from your patients? To focus on positive aspects in any bad situation.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why? The fast-changing field and new studies that change my practice. I am excited to see the advancements in medical care that provide better outcomes for my patients.
What is your personal health goal? Have energy to do things that I love
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? Learning to be mindful and listening to my body when I exercise, eat or rest.
What are you most proud of? Being a mother to my two awesome boys.
What are a few of your personal achievements? I am proud of being able to integrate in a new environment as an adult after moving to the United States after college.
- General surgery
Awards and recognitions
Teaching Award, University of Southern California, General Surgery Residency, 2015
Marguelas Weiman Humanitarian of the Year Award, University of California, Riverside, 2009
Research fellow, the Seymour and Wilma van Gundy Research Award, 2009
Bayless Leadership Award recipient as a president of the Student Organization for Medical Ethics, 2009
- Emory University
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Surgery
- General Surgery, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, 2014 – 2015
- General Surgery University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, 2015 – 2019
- Breast Surgical Oncology, Emory Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, GA, 2021 – 2022
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)