Jillian Johannes, PA-C
- Family medicine
- Preventative Care
- Chronic Disease Management
Practice philosophy: I appreciate that each individual possesses their own set of needs, diverse backgrounds, and distinct perspectives. I believe that every patient deserves compassion, support, guidance, and encouragement on their healthcare journey. Together, as a partnership, we can work to achieve optimal emotional, social, and physical health and well-being.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? An Event Planner.
Why did you become a provider? I cared for a young girl who had such a strength and love for life. Witnessing the healthcare team’s dedication, care and compassion for her, I felt an undeniable calling to become a provider myself.
What is something you have learned from your patients? Active listening and patient engagement often uncover valuable diagnostic clues, making it important for healthcare providers to prioritize meaningful patient conversations.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why? Not all patients follow the textbook. It may take additional work up, specialists and research to determine a diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan.
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? One step at a time, one day at a time. Set sustainable goals to avoid discouragement.
- Family medicine
- Spending time with family
- Bethel University, Tennessee
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
Current licenses and certifications
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)