Jacob Langness, PharmD, BCPS
Pharmacy Clinical Specialist, Senior
- Comprehensive Medication Review
- Care for patients with Memory Impairment
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Primary care for patients with HIV
Practice philosophy: To help maximize the health and wellness of individuals on the terms they set for themselves.
What are you passionate about and why? I am passionate about intersection of diversity and personal health and working to eliminate health disparities in Minnesota. Specifically, I am passionate about helping people better understand their medications and ensuring the safety, efficacy, and availability of these medications.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? A veterinarian.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I love the complexity of biochemistry & pharmacology and how we can use medication to improve health. I enjoy the patient-provider relationship, where we work to reach their health goals.
What is something you have learned from your patients? I learn from my patients every day - mainly that there are so many different approaches to life and to health, and no one way to do anything. The important thing is mutual respect of everyone.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why? I enjoy that we are constantly learning more about the human body and health. What we did last year is not necessarily what we will do next year. And that makes my job dynamic and exciting.
What is your personal health goal? To have the ability to live my life on my terms.
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? The best advice I received for my physical and mental health is to stop caring what other people think. To instead care about what makes me happy, and to pursue a life that focuses on that happiness.
What are you most proud of? My family and friends.
- Spending time with family and friends
- University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Minnesota Society of Health System Pharmacists
Current licenses and certifications
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- University of Colorado Hospital
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)