Jacob Wilson, MD
- Treatment resistant depression
- Anxiety Disorders
- Neurocognitive disorders
- Brain Injuries
- Substance Use Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Psychiatric disorder and medical complexity
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Practice philosophy: I enjoy working with patients and their families to help alleviate symptoms of mental illness, improve social and occupational functioning, and when disability occurs I strive to assist patients recovering back towards optimal functioning and improved quality of life. I am a Catholic psychiatrist who's faith is important to me and influences my practice, but also greatly enjoy working with patients of any faith, belief or background.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? I would be a high school teacher and would love to coach high school sports.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I was influenced by my father and both grandfather's who were physicians. They showed with their example how meaningful their life's career work was for themselves and their communities.
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? Exercise has almost no limits in benefits, including for mental health, reducing risk of physical disease, and improving brain performance. This is something we can give ourselves everyday for free.
Awards and recognitions
- Samuel W. Fordyce Award: In recognition of outstanding achievement in Psychiatry - St. Louis University School of Medicine, 2013.
- Resident Teacher of the Year Award: Department of Psychiatry and Psychology-Mayo Clinic, 2014-2015
- Graduating Resident Colleague of the Year: Department of Psychiatry and Psychology - Mayo Clinic, 2017.
- Top Doctors Rising Stars: Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine, 2021.
- University of St. Thomas
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- United Hospital – Hastings Regina Campus
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)