Steven Ralles, MD
- Orthopedic surgery
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Robotic Surgery
- Complex/Revision Hip Replacement
- Complex/Revision Knee Replacement
- Hip and Knee Arthritis
- Outpatient Joint Replacement Surgery
What is your practice philosophy? Each patient is unique. Deciding on a treatment plan together to achieve a patient’s goals is the most important aspect of our job.
What are you passionate about? And why? Hip and Knee Replacement. Helping patients regain mobility and improve their quality of life is the most rewarding experience.
If I wasn’t a provider, I would be an: Airline Pilot because I enjoy experiencing the traditions and cultures of new places.
My personal health goal is: To complete my first marathon.
What is the best thing you’ve done for your health or the best health advice you’ve received? The most important components of weight loss include healthy food choices and portion control. Incorporating these into my daily life has improved my overall health.
- Murphy M, Boubekri A, Myall J, Ralles S, Brown N. Demographic Data Reliably Predicts Total Hip Arthroplasty Component Size. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2022 Aug; 37(8S):S890-S894.
- Murphy M, Killen C, Ralles S, Brown N, Song A, Wu K. The Area Method for Measuring Acetabular Cup Anteversion: An Accurate and Autonomous Solution. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics & Trauma. 2021 Apr 14;18:61-65.
- Killen C, Murphy M, Ralles S, Khayatzadeh S, Brown N, Patwardhan A, Havey R, Wu K. Characterizing Acetabular Component Orientation with Pelvic Motion During Total Hip Arthroplasty. Hip International. 2021 Nov; 31(6): 743-750.
- Brown N, Ralles S, Kroin E, Adams W, Wu K. Complications of Total Joint Arthroplasty in Solid Organ Transplant Patients versus a Large Control Group. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics & Trauma. Jan-Feb 2020; 11(1): 91-95.
- Murphy M, Killen C, Ralles S, Brown N, Hopkinson W, Wu K. A Precise Method for Determining Acetabular Cup Anteversion after Total Hip Arthroplasty. The Bone & Joint Journal. 2019 Sep; 101-B(9): 1042-1049.
- Ralles S, Murphy M, Fishman F, Bednar M. Surgical Trends in the Treatment of Supracondylar Humerus Fractures in Early Career Practice: An American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) Part II Database Study. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. May-Jun 2020; 40(5):223-227.
- McDonald A, Hebert S, Kunz M, Ralles S, McLoon L. Disease Course in mdx:utrophin+/- Mice: Comparison of Three Mouse Models of Duchene Muscular Dystrophy. Physiology Reports. 2015; 3(4): e12391 DOI: 10.14814/phy2.12391.
- Ralles S, Agel J, Obermeier M, Tompkins M. Incidence of Secondary Intra-articular Injuries with Time to Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015 Jun; 43(6):1373-9. Epub 2015 Mar 12.
- Willoughby C, Ralles S, Christiansen S, McLoon L. Effects of Sequential Injections of Hepatocyte Growth Factor and Insulin-like Growth Factor-I on Adult Rabbit Extraocular Muscle. Journal of AAPOS. 2012; 16(4): 354-360.
- Orthopedic surgery
- Downhill skiing
- Playing guitar
- Bachelors Degree: University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN
- Medical Degree: Drexel University College of Medicine- Philadelphia, PA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association (MAOA)
- Minnesota Orthopaedic Society (MOS)
- Loyola University Medical Center (Orthopaedic Surgery)- Maywood, IL
- Anderson Clinic Post-Graduate Medical Education Foundation (Adult Reconstruction)- Alexandria, VA
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)