Jenny Zhang, MD
- Family medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Gender affirming care
- Preventive Medicine
- Addiction medicine
- Refugee and immigrant health
- Prenatal care
- In-office procedures
- Health equity
- Pre-exposure HIV prophylaxis
- LGBTQIA+ health
Although it says "not accepting new patients" above, I am accepting new pediatric patients, as well as adults with a need for suboxone management or gender-affirming care!
Hometown: Roseville, MN
My practice philosophy: I believe in partnering with patients and families to meet their goals, and providing care with humility and empathy. I value learning about the whole person in the context of their communities and environment.
I'm passionate about: I am passionate about healthy equity. I believe in seeing the humanity in all people and advocating for equitable access to healthcare for all.
If I wasn't a health care provider, what would you be: Dog costume designer, because we can’t help but laugh when we see dogs dressed in silly costumes.
Why I become a provider: I chose family medicine because I loved getting to know the whole family across multiple generations and having the opportunity to care for people in all stages of their life.
Something I have learned from my patients: Take the time to understand each other’s stories and always find ways to see the good in people.
Best health advice: Sleep is medicine. Getting a good 8 hours of sleep per night has made a huge impact on my mental and physical health.
I'm most proud of: The close relationships I have maintained with friends and family.
Personal achievement: I have kept my plants alive for over a year.
- Family medicine
- Scuba diving
- University of California - Berkeley
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Allina Health United Family Medicine Residency Program
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)