Jon Herseth, MD
- Orthopedic surgery
- shoulder surgery
- Knee replacement and ligament reconstruction
- Upper extremity surgery
Jon Herseth, MD is an orthopedic surgeon at United Hospital in St. Paul, MN.
To request an appointment, please complete this form or call a clinic location listed below.
What is your practice philosophy? To provide individualized orthopedic care.
If I wasn't a provider, I would be a: Farmer.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I had inklings since I was a kid that I wanteed to be a doctor. It really solidified early in college that this is what I wanted to do. It wasn't until my 3rd year of medical school that I really saw the way that orthopedics can change people's lives and at that point I decided to become an orthopedic surgeon.
Something I have learned from my patients is: The textbooks are a guide that I can use to help determine an orthopedic plan for a patient but they cannot dictate what any given individual needs.
- Orthopedic surgery
Awards and recognitions
- Spending time with family
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Minnesota Medical School Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
- University of Minnesota Medical School Duluth, Duluth MN
- Bachelor of Science Biology: University of Minnesota Twin Cities Campus, Minneapolis MN
- University of Minnesota Orthopaedic Surgery
- Tria Orthopaedic Center Sports Medicine
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)