Dominic Decker, MD
- Internal medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Lifestyle medicine
- Men's Health
- Nutrition and exercise counseling
- Transgender care
- Virtual visits
- Pre-exposure HIV prophylaxis
- Hormone replacement therapy
- LGBTQIA+ health
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Practice philosophy: to provide inclusive, affirming and holistic primary care by equipping my patients with the tools to build a healthy lifestyle.
Hometown: Como Park in St. Paul, Minnesota
What are you passionate about? Food! Food is the most important medicine we consume. Making incremental changes in food intake - more plant-based and less processed - improves health outcomes and changes lives.
If I wasn't a provider, I would be an aspiring writer on Saturday Night Live, my lifelong favorite TV Show.
Why did you become a provider? My grandfather was a family medicine physician in Highland Park. Stories of his life inspired my brother Joe and me to attend medical school together to carry on his legacy of patient-centered care.
My personal health goal is: to nourish my body with a whole foods diet and build it with cardio and resistance training every day.
What are a few of your personal achievements? Adopting a vegetarian diet to counteract the impact of my food choices on climate change and take a stand against the torture of factory-farmed animals.
- Internal medicine
- Columbia University - New York, New York
- University of Minnesota Medical School - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Brown University - Providence, Rhode Island
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)